Dr. Shannon Hendrickson
- Position: Clinical Psychologist
- Experience: 7 Years
- Location: 2375 E. Camelback Rd. Suite 600 Phoenix, Arizona 85016
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1-602-387-5313
Personal Experience & Biography
Dr. Hendrickson is an independently licensed clinical psychologist. She earned her doctorate degree from the Arizona School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University. Her clinical rotations included home-based bereavement work in hospice, residential group homes for adults, community mental health, and completing forensic evaluations within the Maricopa County court system.
She worked as the Lead Psychologist for the Indiana Department of Corrections and the Arizona Department of Corrections from 2014-2017. She then served as the Clinical Director for the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections from 2017-2020. She has completed an EMDRIA-approved training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which allows clients to work through distress.
Her primary focuses in treatment include depression, anxiety, trauma, grief, and difficult adjustment, as well as a variety of other presenting issues. In therapy, she utilizes a person-centered, trauma-informed approach to create safety, decrease distress, and facilitate healing.
- Behavioral Issues
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Women’s Issues
- Relationship Issues
Education & License
- Doctorate of Psychology (Psy.D.) – Arizona School of Professional Psychology – 2015
- Master of Arts in Psychology – Arizona School of Professional Psychology – 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Eastern Illinois University – 2009
- Arizona State Board of Psychologist Examiners – #4779; issued 10/7/2016; exp, 3/31/2023
Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
Please verify insurance information directly with your doctor’s office as it may change frequently.
- Optum Health